- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand, non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years, and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property at The Urbana 5 you have to follow these steps:
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
The Urbana 5 is conveniently located just 310 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 4 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of The Urbana 5, the 3 closest being:
- 7-Eleven is 920 m away (about 12 mins. by foot)
- Mini Big C is 2.5 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- 7-ELEVEN Ban Yom Branch (Aor Saraphi) is 1.9 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
The surrounding area, where The Urbana 5 is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Go Chen Breakfast is 770 m away (a walk of about 10 mins.)
- Clean fusion food in Chiang Mai is 500 m away (a walk of about 6 mins.)
- Full of grilled fish, Don Chan is 640 m away (a walk of about 8 mins.)
Rak Na Veterinary Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 4.6 km away (you can drive there in 6 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of The Urbana 5 are:
- School with mental care is 480 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- Chiang Mai Polytechnic College Don Chan Temple Learning Center is 1.5 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
- Eye Level Chiangmai is 1.6 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
Chiang Mai International Airport is located 14.0 km from The Urbana 5 and it takes about 17 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.